Recipe: Vegan Sunrise Cranberry BreadDate de publication:
Baking can be fun. It's your chance to gather with your family in the kitchen and whip up some yummy recipes to share. The fun can be doubled if you try something new and experimental, and when it turns out to be good, you get to proudly showcase your finesse in the field!
Here’s one such bread recipe that will make you go gaga with its taste.
Forget banana bread. This healthy vegan sunrise cranberry orange bread will be your staple once you try it. The cranberry orange bread has the equal goodness of orange juice and cranberry while being extremely moist. It just melts in your mouth.
This moist goodness of this bread is also accompanied by the benefits of your favourite Little West Sunrise Juice. Need we say more about how healthy the bread is going to be? We have also used maple syrup for sweetness and ditched other forms of processed sugar. And instead of eggs, we have gone for unsweetened applesauce.
Oh, are we building the hype? We think this cranberry orange bread is worth the hype, as it’s healthy, delicious, and vegan! Let’s crack the recipe together.
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour of your choice
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¾ teaspoons of cinnamon or ginger powder (optional, but we recommend it)
- 1-2 tbsp of orange zest (for an extra orangey, tangy flavour)
- ⅔ cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of Little West Sunrise Juice
- ½ cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoon of vanilla essence or extracts of a vanilla pod (can be substituted with coffee)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, defrost the cranberries in a microwave or by keeping them out until all the ice is melted. Once the cranberries are soft, cut them into halves.
- Now, mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl, slowly add your wet ingredients, one by one.
- Make sure everything is well incorporated. To this dough, fold in your cranberries using a spatula.
- Next, grease a pan (9” x 5”) and pour the dough into it. The dough will look all gooey and sticky. This is the right consistency. Place the pan into the preheated oven and let it heat for about 50 minutes to an hour.
- When it's done, poke a knife or toothpick in the center of the pan. If it comes out clean, the bread is all good to go. If it comes back with some in it, place the pan back into the oven and let it bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let the bread cool for about an hour. This ensures that the bread sets well and is dense in itself. If you try cutting the bread before it is completely cooled, the slices won’t come out clean and will crumble easily.
- For better flavour and texture, bake the bread overnight and enjoy it the next day. This way, the flavours will be enhanced, and the texture will be moist but not too crumbly. Just the right way.
The above measurements of the cranberry orange bread recipe can make around 10 servings, and each serving has about 149 calories.
To make the bread even healthier, you can add some ground flax seeds, hemp, and sunflower seeds. These seeds can provide the necessary healthy fibres and fats while not tampering with the true flavour of the bread.
If you like to have something to bite on your bread, chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds can be added as toppings. Make sure you chop it into small bites to get a good crunch while biting into the bread and not the nut as a whole.
- Total Fat - 0.7g
- Saturated Fat - 0.1g
- Cholesterol - 0mg
- Sodium - 369.1mg
- Total Carbohydrate - 34.5g
- Dietary fibres- 2.8g
- Total Sugars - 3.4g
- Protein - 3.4g
How To Store This Orange Cranberry Bread
This cranberry orange goodness will definitely vanish in seconds. It's that delicious and healthy. But if you were to have some leftovers, don’t worry. The moistness and the flavour of the cranberry orange bread can be preserved by storing it in an air-tight container, but we recommend finishing it in a maximum of 3 days to enjoy it in its full glory.
How To Serve This Vegan Sunrise Cranberry Orange Bread
This delicious, finger-licking healthy cranberry orange bread is good as it gets. You can serve it alongside a cup of coffee or enjoy two slices with the Little West Sunrise juice for a quick breakfast.
Also, you can easily convert the bread into a delicious dessert by serving it alongside a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream with some chocolate sauce drizzled on top.